International SSPEED Conference
Urban and Coastal Flooding: Building a Resilient Future
October 12 & 13, 2023
Please join us this October for SSPEED’s 11th Conference, where top experts from around the globe will present on a number of topics with Q&A and panel discussions. In addition, attendees will have a chance to see a demonstration of temporary flooding solutions by Dutch Water Prevention. This two-day event will be located at the Anderson-Clarke Center (Glasscock School of Continuing Studies) at Rice University.
• How do we build a Flood Resilient Future
• Coastal Protection for Galveston Bay
• Nature-Based Flood Solutions
• Impact on Future Storms
• Flood protection and climate adaptation in the Dutch Delta
• European Approach to Flood Mitigation
• Governmental Flood Control & the Future
• Watershed Modeling to Support Water Resources Management
• Advanced Floodplain Analysis using 2d HEC-RAS
• Machine Learning for Flood Prediction and Management
• Advanced Flood Modeling for Critical Facilities
• Houston 6 Years after Harvey
The latest schedule can be found here.
Two-Day Conference Pricing
The conference registration fee includes handout materials, breaks, lunches, and reception. The conference agenda will be posted this summer. Up to 15 hours of CEU credit available.
Late Registration $300
Student Registration* $100
*Must have valid Student ID & email. Please email email@example.com.
Parking & Directions
Please enter the lobby of Anderson-Clarke Center to check-in and receive your name badge on both days. On both days, Check-In opens at 8:00 a.m. and the conference starts promptly at 8:30. Grab a cup of coffee and mingle before the sessions begin. All sessions will be held in the Auditorium, unless noted in the schedule. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reception & Sponsors
Thank you to our sponsors, Aecom, DEC Engineering, Institute for a Disaster Resilient Texas, and Walter P Moore for supporting our reception on Thursday evening, October 12 from 4:30 -5:00 p.m. We will have light bites and spirits to give our attendees the opportunity to connect with others across the industry.